Monday, December 15, 2008

This is as far as these dresses made it

out of my closet en route to the FDR Christmas party. I got two out of the closet in hopes that the wrinkles would shake out. I really wanted to buy a new dress for the party because I don't get dressed up very often and dresses are relatively cheap here, but, thankfully, I didn't splurge. Really, I didn't have time to.

Thursday afternoon I went home early from school because my gut was killing me! I was having excruciating pains in my stomach and I was holding on by a thread. Max had diarrhea since Monday (yes, two days after he semi-recovered from his respiratory infection). We were bringing him back to the doctor to for him to check Max's lungs. He said they sounded great, and luckily as if on cue, Max blew his diaper out. Really, like use all the wipes in your bag, and thank God you have a change of clothes type of poo.

The doctor suggested we send the nasty diaper, err, sample to the GastroLab. They came by our house about an hour later to pick up the "sample". The next day, I got an email with the results, then spoke to the doctor. He has(d) a virus. That's what I think I had too. So, I went to school on Friday, feeling better, but I hadn't eaten anything in 24 hours for my stomach to revolt. Since I was feeling better, I ate something for lunch and dinner, then I felt awful again Friday evening, going to sleep at 7:00 pm. Saturday, I took my NJHS kids to a Community Service project where I was barely hanging on, thinking I could throw up at any minute. John picked me up from school when I made the proclamation, "I can't go to the Christmas party tonight." The thought of talking with a lot of people, steaks, wine, and pisco sours was making my head spin even more. I came home, slept, and felt a little better, thinking maybe we'd at least keep the nanny and run out a do a little shopping. At 3:30, John started vomiting (and that wasn't all). So, I canceled the nanny and we hung out at home, both in bed by 7:30.

Today, we're feeling a little more human. If Max was feeling the way we were on Saturday, while he endured five days of diarrhea, I don't know how he did it. He was a pretty happy camper the whole time, except when he woke up in the middle of the night because he soiled himself.

Now, hopefully we can get through our last week of school and our little Christmas trip to Machu Picchu and Cusco, with our health and minimal stress, then we can relax for two months.

No comments: