Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Reason I Became a Teacher

We slept in today, all the way to 6:00 am. After our morning milk and coffee routine, Maximo and I went for a leisurely stroll in the neighborhood. We stopped by a neighborhood bakery for some croissants that had the perfect balance of buttery-ness and sweetness. We then meandered around Miraflores nibbling on our goodies while looking at the flowers and, of course, finding every neighborhood dog. It was perfect.

What's fantastic about living in another country, is that there's always something to explore. Going to the grocery store or the market is always an adventure. Maybe we were just lazy when we lived in the States, maybe I never really lived in an urban area where everything I needed was within walking distance. I love roaming around scouting out new cafes, restaurants and stores.

Luckily, I also enjoy my job a lot - I love being a teacher and being around funny, awkward, loving middle school kids and the opportunities we have been given since we started teaching internationally have been amazing.

But really, who am I kidding, having summers off, is the best!

No comments: