Sunday, October 05, 2008

Walk this Way


It's been a horrendous week. It was full of meetings at school and it's the end of the first quarter at school (grades had to be updated and posted). This first quarter has been very hectic and this is the first break since we started on July 28th. I know to non-teachers that doesn't seem like a big deal, but to us, it's a VERY long stretch without so much as a three-day weekend.
This is a five day weekend, which is nice. We plan to stay around Lima, partly by choice, partly because we couldn't get our act together to plan anything worthwhile. I will hopefully be able to catch up on some posts. I have a few composed in my mind, we'll see if they make it on the WWW.
As far as this cute video goes... John and I don't love video cameras, that's why we've never had one. I will hide from one when I see one - even if asked to give advice or warm wishes on someone's wedding day - I detest the sound of my voice on them! On the other hand, I can definitely see the benefits to having one when you've got a little guy in the house, but I still doubt we'll ever own one. The great thing about digital cameras is the ability to take mini-movies. Hence the couple of video blurps you get to enjoy watching Maximo. He is very mobile - he is a great crawler and cruises between every piece of furniture. He has a couple of things that will cruise with him - this Spanish/English Leap Frog Music Table and our light (cheap) Ikea foot rests. So, he pushes them around the living room and enjoys himself, until it gets stuck on something and he can't go any further.

No comments: