Friday, October 22, 2010

The Decision

Well, the doctor made the decision for us at my last visit. She said that she didn't think it was wise for me to keep working since I was continuing to have contractions. So, my agonizing over making the decision, was brought to an end. I appreciate all of our friends and family who gave us their thoughts, which overwhelmingly were "STOP WORKING!". This doesn't mean I don't feel guilty about my students, but they'll survive. A good substitute has been hired for the rest of the year, so hopefully I can tie up all my loose ends in the next week or two (and complete my report cards) and have a little closure with that.

So, what else did the doctor say? Lola is doing well. She's growing and is measuring over four pounds! Yipee! I was still having contractions, so the doctor told me to just stay on the anti-contraction medication until my c-section. Yesterday, my contractions seem to go away a bit. Today, I've had a few, but not like I was having. My cervix is still long and closed, so the stitches are doing their job.

BUT, of course there's a but, there is some concern that my uterus is adhering to my old c-section scar which could cause problems during my c-section, specifically "massive bleeding". These are two words that really give me the shivers. Like I haven't put my dues in with this pregnancy... so if I make it to my c-section date, then I have to worry about profusely bleeding?? So, the doctors want to have blood on hand, just in case I need a transfusion. They will actually start taking some of my blood in the upcoming weeks to store for my surgery - hopefully they'll just be able to toss it when my surgery is over. Seriously, these Lemley kids are high maintenance from such an early age (but worth it).

I've been sitting around the house, feeling okay. Actually feeling very normal when sitting down, and a bit uncomfortable when I'm walking around, so I hope I'll make it, as long as I take it easy.

I had a lot of questions for the doctor the last visit, many "what ifs". The biggest ones was what if she comes early... well, besides having to deal with another emergency c-section, and premature baby in the NICU, I would not be able to have the baby at the hospital I've been going to (the one 5 minutes from our house) and my doctor would not be the one performing the delivery. She said that she would deliver the baby as early as 34 weeks, but no earlier. In my head, 35 weeks is when I feel we can breathe easier. I hope, I hope, I hope!

Here's me today, @ 31 1/2 weeks (starting to get a little rounder everywhere):

No comments: