Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Cliche

I think it's true that you appreciate your mother more once you've become one yourself. I've always had a good relationship with my mother (okay, except for maybe grade 7 and 8, when I was a hormonal tween who pushed the limits - like when I lied and went to Jackie Kupka's house without finishing the dishes to watch Pet Semetary, but paid for it with nightmares for months!). Even though we haven't lived close since I was 17, we still talk at least a couple times per week.

I've only been a mother for 20 months and I have a love for Maximo that I can't even put into words. I can't imagine what that love will be like after watching him grow and getting to know him over the next twenty, forty, sixty (maybe?!) years.

I'm sure my mom feels for me and Pete, Tim and Carrie, the same way I feel for Maximo, but when you are growing up, you just don't realize it. You know your mom loves you, but you don't really KNOW.

I'm not quite sure where I am going with this cliche (and blog entry), but I do want to maybe just send a thank you to my mom for all the bazillion things that she's done for me (and P, T and C). You are an amazing mom. I don't know how you did what I am doing times 4, especially after Dad died. I love sharing my experiences of being a mother with you as I shamelessly brag about Maximo.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
(And Mama (Georgia, aka Gigi) too, because you raised a pretty fantastic son, too!)

No comments: