Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Balloons and Barney


Two things I hated.
Not sure why the balloons, but I had such contempt for the people seemingly around me daily - at the bank, at the grocery store, at the hair salon - EVERYWHERE - who would give Max a balloon.
Maybe it was because it started when he was about six months old and I was afraid he'd pop it and suffocate on it.
Maybe it was because I was constantly bonked in the head with the balloon while trying to hold him and leave a store with my bags.
Maybe it was because he quickly NEEDED them and could spot one from across the store and would holler if we left without one...
Maybe?

Barney - really. A large purple singing dinosaur. The awful voice. The horrible song. The strange kids who dressed too neatly and spoke like they were adults.

I'm eating my words. "Max will never..."
When will I learn to stop saying this phrase?

We now get balloons at least once a week while running our errands. Really, they are free EVERYWHERE.

And... Max loves Barney in all of his horrible purpleness. He sways when he hears the song being sung by kids in the neighborhood or when the doll at the doctor's office plays the "I love you" song and he even sings the second line "Tu a mi"...

Okay, I can live with these two... But he'll NEVER...

I have a few more, but I'll keep those NEVERs to myself.

No comments: