Saturday, October 31, 2009

Monkeying Around

After missing yesterday's Halloween celebration at Max's daycare, we made up for it today. We had a slow morning around the house, then I went out grocery shopping so we could actually eat something for lunch. On the way back from the grocery store, I saw witches, ninjas, Spidermans and pumpkins flooding the island for the Halloween Festival they have on Rokko Island. I didn't want my monkey to miss out, so I rushed home, convinced him to throw on his costume, and went back to the River Mall to meander around a bit before lunch/naptime.

Max enjoyed the music and looking at all the kids. There was a huge line for a kids' parade, but we decided to by-pass this since we only had a little time before Maximo's nap and his costume is made out of polar fleece-like material and it was a balmy 75 degrees out today.

We climbed around a bit, ate delicious meat on a stick, then boarded the bike for home.Later, we went to the faculty housing on campus for the teachers' kids Halloween party. First we stuffed a little pasta dinner down the kids' throats before they went around to the houses to trick-or-treat. Max wore regular clothes to the party because it was hot and he was going to eat spaghetti, and I soon realized this was a mistake. Maximo refused to put on his costume for a while and I thought that he may just run around in his diaper the whole night. But, before the trick-or-treating began, I coaxed him into it.He figured out the custom of saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You" quite quickly and really enjoyed himself. Afterwards he had a couple of M&Ms and a lollipop and was happy as a clam.Now he's gone to bed so John and I can ransack his booty and take out all the good stuff.


No comments: