Monday, March 23, 2009

H-O-T!

It's so darn hot here it's melting my brain and my creative writing juices (the whole ounce floating around my body) are oozing from my pores preventing me to blog anything of interest.

Back in the day (circa 2006), on a day like today, I'd be enjoying the sun and the beach, possibly enjoying a beer, and most likely be enjoying an afternoon nap after a day of sun, sand and the ocean. Nowadays, I'm learning that hot weather and babies don't mix - the irritability of the sticky little monkey, having to apply sunscreen every couple of hours without getting any in his eyes, and being stuck indoors between the hours of 9 and 4. It's hot in Savannah, probably much hotter than it is here, but you can't escape it here... no air conditioning (anywhere) and the humidity is crushing. Luckily we live a block from the ocean, so it is a lot "cooler" here than most of the rest of the city.

We're ready for it to cool off. We're ready for Easter vacation. We're ready to finish the semester here. We're ready to spend time with friends and family in the states this summer. We're ready.

(Re-reading this, it sounds negative. I don't mean it to. We're still enjoying Peru. We're just hot and cranky and ready for "Fall".)

And here are a couple of weekend pics...

No comments: