Saturday, March 02, 2013

Flower and Bird Park Morning Out

This morning we went to the Flower and Bird Park on Port Island.  We wanted to get out as a family, but it was a bit cold to do something comfortably outside (for me, anyways).  As soon as we walked in, it was like walking into Spring.  It had a warm, flower and soil smell - one that brings me back to my childhood, of walking into our green house or Smith's Flower Shop with my parents.

We haven't gone to the Flower and Bird Park since Maximo was about Lola's age.  It was a really nice morning.  We need to remember next time to pack a lunch.  They have a large buffet, but it's a bit too much, and there's plenty of seating under beautiful flowers.

I forgot how nice pictures can look when you use a real camera.  I almost only use my iPhone due to the ease of posting and because I always have it with me.  I need to take out our "real" camera more often.

Here are some pictures of our day:



Daddy getting dive-bombed by birds

Playing "choose which hand" the snack is in"

The rest of the album is here.

No comments: