Saturday, September 25, 2010

She's Crafty

So far, no news is good news. I said I'd post after every doctor's visit, but this is a week (and a half) late. Work has been insanely busy and I'm not getting everything done and my to-do list gets bigger by the day.

I had my doctor's visit the other day after an overnight trip with the fifth grade class... and everything looked good. Since running around with a bunch of 5th graders didn't put stress on my body, I'm hoping that I'll go the distance with bebe #2.
I did get another "talking to" about my weight, but... I'm not too concerned, let's just say that my prenatal vitamins have a tendency to slow things down... so I had a little extra weight (ah, hem 5-6 days worth) in my body. (Sorry if that was too many details!)

While I was waiting at the hospital (for the hour it took to do the gestational diabetes test), I was playing with my iPhone. There's a new option on facebook to "show your location". So, I posted where I was. So, my facebook profile read:
Julie just checked in to Rokko Island Hospital.
Luckily the location was in Japanese, but for a few of my friends, it was a bit alarming. I'm hoping I don't have to write a crazy post like that from my iPhone in the hospital, but I'll be more clear in the future.

This pregnancy is SO much different than when I was pregnant with Maximo. This one has been much harder - I had horrible morning sickness and vomiting until about 22 weeks and my weight gain is very different (I don't know how much I gained with Maximo or even with #2, because I've never cared much about wait, but with Max I got huge everywhere and with this one, it really is mostly in my belly). Even before all the "Maximo birth drama", I'm was actually surprised how pregnancy felt so "hard" on my body. I've always been pretty healthy/athletic and carrying a baby rocks my world (and not necessarily in a good way).
With this one, after I started feeling better, I am much more of a nester (John probably wouldn't notice, because I could never keep up with him with housekeeping), but I adored planning/decorating/cooking for Maximo's birthday and I am holding an afterschool activity this semester for Grade 2-5 (girls) called Wearable Art, where we make, well, art that you can wear. We've made friendship bracelets, beaded bracelets, headbands and I'm excited for the next two weeks - tie-dye shirts and one of my favorite childhood crafts, ribbon barrettes.


16 girls... lots of beads, ribbon, fabric, glue and even dye! What fun!

I was going to post my enormo bod in this post, but by the time John and I settle down for the night, I don't want to get up again, unless it's lugging this enormo bod to my bed. So, I'll get a picture before the next doctor's visit (next Wednesday) and will try to post in a timely manner.

2 comments:

Terie and Kelani said...

Kelani would love to join your class, but she is grade 6.Can she attend any way?

Julie said...

of course... We have tons of fun!