Monday, September 06, 2010

Growing, growing, growing...



We're rounding week 25. I had a check up last week and everything is good and closed, so that's good. I only gained about a pound and a half, so my doctor was happy. The baby looks good - a little big (but she assured me her measurements were for Japanese babies, and I was okay with my big gaijin baby:). I'm now on a two week rotation for appointments which makes me a little more comfortable. Next Friday, I go in for a diabetes test - I hate drinking that sickly sweet concoction.

I have no idea what it's like to have a baby in the US, but I love that both here and in Peru you get to see the baby through an ultrasound every visit.

Work is definitely making the time go by faster, which is nice. It's ridiculously hot here, which leaves me feeling horrible at the end of some days. I try to drink a lot of water throughout the day and then take a cold shower when I get home and it seems to help.

I'll try to continue to post about HER and my health after each visit. I continue to keep my fingers crossed that I make it to DECEMBER!!!!!!! (Please do the same.)

2 comments:

Terie and Kelani said...

Looking good. How many weeks are there total in a pregnancy? 40?

The heat should be gone soon, we have dropped about 15 degrees and it is much more pleasant.

Lindsey said...

HANG in there, lady. Dec. is around the corner!!