Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Price I Paid

DISCLAIMER: Pregnant friends ~ LOOK AWAY!

When I was pregnant with Maximo, I got fat all over. Yes, really, LARGE. And I was only pregnant for 30 weeks. But, I lost it fairly quickly and at six months postpartum, I was probably skinner than I had been in a decade (with no exercise, just running around with a baby and breastfeeding). No problem.

With Lola, I rode my bike to work for 30 weeks, which may have helped, but I surprisingly only got big in the belly. But now, I've got this to show for it:

As I've been describing it, it looks like I lost a fight with a bobcat. Why did I take a picture of that (and post it for the world to see)? This is a record of our life. I'm hoping it doesn't look like that forever, although I've come to terms with the fact that my belly will never be the same and the stretch marks will always be there. Hopefully they'll fade from their current dark purple color, because, if not, bye-bye bikinis. I also posted it because it's real. You see celebrity moms gallivanting on the beach after having 3-4 kids with an amazing, toned body. I don't have a trainer, I won't get plastic surgery, it's my Mommy battle wounds.

But this is definitely a small price to pay for a healthy full-term baby. She's definitely worth it. Maybe I can use it to scare her from having unprotected sex... God, I can't even fathom what it's going to be like to have a teenage daughter one day.

No comments: