Sunday, July 04, 2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggidy-Jig

I was discharged on Friday morning. I don't think I've ever been discharged when I said I was going to be discharged... actually even earlier. Max was in daycare, so I requested something American to eat - because I was a bit tired of the hospital food. John made me a BLT that was hands down the best one I've ever eaten. I slept like the dead that afternoon, then Max came home to me being home!

He was great when he came to the hospital, but he's really all boy these days - so he was using my propped up bed as a slide and twice he called the nurses' station. So it's much easier to hang with the monkey at home.

It is super nice to be home.

I can't really say the surgery was successful, because only time will tell. If this baby comes out full term about the 2nd week of December, then, yes, it went perfectly! But, I feel pretty good. I have a follow-up appointment in a week.

Unfortunately, all day yesterday it rained. Not just rained - POURED, so we had to get creative with Max, so it was art projects and playing chase around the house (all day long).
And in less than a week Nana comes, we can't wait!

2 comments:

Terie and Kelani said...

Hide and seek is hillariously fun to play with them st this age. They ususally hide in the last place that they found you, or walk right past you without seeing you. Welcome home and I hope you can enjoy the rainy days too. Do you have enough room in your freezer to make popsicles?

Julie said...

Barely enough room to make popsicles, they kind of have to freeze slanted, which leaves a funny shape, but they work. Our favorite - coconut milk, banana and pineapple - yummy!