Thursday, July 01, 2010

Almost unplugged

My surgery went well yesterday. I know I've said this before, but I'm so glad I switched hospitals. Location was definitely an issue but I'm so much more comfortable with the care. Every nurse that's come in has spoken (varying degrees of) English. My doctor, the other ob-gyn on staff and the anesthesiologist have been fantastic.
So yesterday I was a bit dicouraged when my surgery got postponed, but it was because I was starving and super bored. I went in at 3:45, got strapped down, got an epidural and then had my surgery. Afterwards the dr. did an ultrasound to check on the baby and ...

We got a MAYBE on the gender, although I'm not going to announce it yet.

I had a pretty rough night last night. I couldn't feel/wiggle my toes until about 11:00 pm and my back was killing me from laying down so long. The nurse kept moving me around a propping pillows around me which helped but I was still uncomfortable. But the WORST was the catheter. I don't know if I was born with a super sensitive urethra along with my IC ( incompetent cervix) but geez oh man did that hurt! I was in tears for a while and begged the nurse to put me out of my misery.

This morning my lovely doctor took the catheter out, so now I'm just hooked up to antibiotics, anti-contraction meds and the last of the fluids through IV.

I don't feel touch discomfort from the surgery, but I haven't gotten out of bed yet either.

Now I just count down the minutes to my next meal and try not to go crazy with boredom.

Location:7丁目,Kōbe City,Japan

1 comment:

Terie and Kelani said...

Yea! I am glad the pain is past. Speedy recovery!