Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not Itchin'

Seven years ago today John and I got married. It was a magical day. Though I was 24 at the time (not super young), looking back on it, I feel like I got married fairly young. I lucked out though... we have our differences and not all days are smiles and sunshine, but on a whole, life is good.

On Saturday night, we went to a wedding. It was one of the best nights out John and I have had in a L-O-N-G time. We danced for the first time in years and laughed a ton with friends at Gilles and Elle's gorgeous wedding. It was nice to watch friends getting married and starting their lives together and John and I got lost in the evening and didn't talk about Max and just had fun. I am EXTREMELY guilty of thinking and talking about Max a ton. We truly enjoy him. Being at the wedding (which was an hour away) forced me to have a plan B if there was an emergency at the house (I had friends for the nanny to call, because I wasn't sure if I'd even have cellphone reception). That Plan B, gave me an extra buffer to shake my tail feather and relax a bit, which was really nice... but as parents know, I felt it the next day. Yesterday, I took two naps, I put myself to bed both times I put him down. I'm even a bit sluggish today, but it was worth it!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!! Both photos of you and John are great! And I'm glad you were able to enjoy the wedding so much. I want to see more pictures of it - it looks like it was beautiful. :)

Celia said...

Happy Anniversary to the lovely couple! Glad you got out to celebrate!